BuzzFeed is looking for an Editorial Assistant to support our Shopping & Products team. If you're a detail-oriented, data-loving, organized person who's always discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores and sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we want to hear from you!
This is a paid, three month, full-time role (with the possibility to extend and/or convert to a permanent position) in our New York office.
BuzzFeed's shopping section is an ever-expanding editorial endeavor that includes both service-oriented and entertaining content to help our audience discover great products through fun and informative formats – from thoughtful and in-depth product reviews to themed roundups and more.
- Optimize and update posts site-wide for service and revenue
- Assist in tracking and analyzing data and affiliate analytics for posts written by the Shopping & Products team
- Generate reports / sharing information with team
- Research products and deals
- Organize and update team guides and resources
- Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
- Strong attention to detail
- Flawless spelling, grammar, and usage in your writing
- Ability to handle critical feedback and improve from it
- Flexible with changing workloads or tasks
- Can complete tasks autonomously and sometimes follow detailed instruction
In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
- Tell us about a couple of products that you’re obsessed with.
- Explain to us why your past experience (personal or professional) would make you an excellent candidate for this role.
- Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.