BuzzFeed is looking for a creative, strategic, data-obsessed Content Editor to oversee the Indian edition of our website, buzzfeed.com. This is a full-time position in our Mumbai office. The Content Editor will play a central role in the development of buzzfeed.com in India, and will write, commission, and edit content to drive growth. The ideal candidate has experience in digital media, can oversee remote contributors, and has experience with editorial, branded, and affiliate content. The ability to be flexible, communicate well, and balance the needs of various stakeholders is crucial. If you’re the type of person who loves details and is driven by creativity and data, this is the job for you.
- Develop our onsite editorial calendar and site strategy in conjunction with BuzzFeed India’s Head of Content, and write/commission posts to deliver on this strategy
- Oversee our existing affiliate content program, and advise Head of Content and other stakeholders on future potential partnerships
- Generate and assign/commission story ideas
- Write and edit content daily
- Analyze and report on traffic and post performance, and implement strategies for growth
- Manage a small team of affiliate contributors (immediate) and other contributors (future)
- Contribute to branded work; respond to briefs with custom content ideas and write branded posts
- Maintain site features as needed with Tech team
- Develop a list of contributors to the site
- Oversee translation & adaptation process for written content
- Work with Head of Content and other stakeholders on new initiatives to drive audience and traffic growth
- Experienced in digital media, with 3-5 years managing and editing at a digital media company
- Extremely organized and deadline-driven
- A strong writer and editor
- An excellent verbal communicator who can easily explain your vision and ideas
- Knowledgeable of BuzzFeed India, with an understanding our audience and voice
- Collaborative across disciplines and markets
- Experienced in affiliate content and knowledgeable of SEO (big plus)
FYI — just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your cover letter to tell us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program specifically tailored to local markets, including PTO, sick leave, family leave, and much more
- An office stocked with plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.