BuzzFeed is looking for passionate and resourceful project-based culinary support who can aid in creating compelling original recipes and videos for Tasty. Reporting to our Culinary Managers, you'll work on our Hollywood campus with a small team of food stylists and recipe developers to develop recipes and assist on shoots for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Tasty.co. Ideally you will come from a culinary background, whether it be for media or food service. We are looking for food stylists, recipe developers, culinary producers and culinary production assistants.
As a Culinary PA, you will assist a team of food stylists on set and in our prep kitchen during video shoots. This will consists of:
- Shopping for ingredients for recipes
- Prepping ingredients for recipes
- Prepping / handling culinary props
- General food prep
- General kitchen maintenance
- 1 + years of food service experience
- 2 + years of recipe development with experience in international cuisine and high comfort level in both sweet and savory cooking
- Some digital food media experience
- Formal culinary training is preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong interpersonal written and communication skills
- Strong organization and multitasking skills
- Strong knowledge of Tasty video content and understanding of our overall point of view on food
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to occasionally work on evenings and weekends
- Unwavering commitment to working safely
- Experience on-set and a comfort level performing in higher stress set environments
- Comfort level working with talent
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.