BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, digital executive with a passion for content-driven advertising to lead our Brasil business. In this role as Vice President, you will lead the expansion of BuzzFeed’s Brasil business and be responsible for monetizing the BuzzFeed Brasil site and audience that our team of editors has grown significantly since its launch in late 2014.
As the most senior business person in Brasil, you will define the vision for the business, and develop a plan to execute upon that vision -- which will include developing new revenue streams through partnerships or product modifications and new products. You will work closely with our product, creative service, and client service teams to ensure that programs are implemented to maximum long-term client satisfaction. You will attract and retain the talent required to deliver upon the revenue vision, liaising with our editorial team as needed. You should have a track record of success and an entrepreneurial learning that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products. The VP, Sales will be based in Brasil and report to our SVP, Head of International.
- Work with key stakeholders, develop near and long-term revenue vision for Brasil
- Lead and manage a 5+ person team in order to execute on the vision.
- Introduce our products to brands and agencies in Brasil through meetings, speaking opportunities, and written materials
- Reach and exceed country level revenue goals
- Prospect, penetrate and create new relationships with advertising agencies and clients
- Develop C-level relationships with clients, agencies, platforms, and partners
- Provide feedback to our product and business teams about in-market needs
- Attract and retain top talent
- Collaborate with our Brasilian editorial team to introduce sponsorship opportunities around new editorial launches
- Represent BuzzFeed to the business community
- Identify and understand trends within social media
- Strong focus on being able to analyze data and use it to effectively grow the business
- 7 years digital sales experience
- 10+ years overall experience and 5+ years of management experience
- Experience at a leading publisher or social media platform in Brasil
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through discovering, prospecting, creating new business and growing and retaining existing business
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- An understanding of social ad products like Facebook Sponsored Stories and Promoted Tweets
- Passionate about social advertising and new media
- Demonstrable knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Ability to work in a fast moving company and industry
- Fluency in English - spoken and written
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program specifically tailored to local markets, including PTO, sick leave, family leave, and much more
- An office stocked with plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.