Director, International Publishing & Audience Development
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a data-obsessed strategist to lead our publishing efforts across eight international markets: UK, Germany, Mexico, Brasil, India, Canada, Australia and Japan. Reporting to our SVP Global Content in Los Angeles, you'll serve as a centralized resource for data and trends, help steer local social strategy and performance reporting in each market, and will identify insights to inform the work that the content teams pursue and best practices to grow audiences and improve onsite and social experience. You’ll also focus on optimizing content to unlock new audiences and platform revenue streams, and partner with the ad-product team to develop new social-led products. You’ll oversee the translations and adaptations programs across markets and collaborate with global tech teams on behalf of international markets.
You’re a digital native with a passion for data, theorizing and optimization, with existing relationships at social platforms. You enjoy presenting compelling, data-driven narratives and decks to clients and the SVP Global Content.
- Oversee the work of the Publishing Strategists across all 8 international markets.
- Supply regular reports on global content performance and insights.
- Be a centralized resource for data, insights and trends.
- Build meaningful relationships with social platforms.
- Collaborate with the BuzzFeed US social team.
- Oversee translation and adaptation projects.
- Manage relationship with Tech team.
- Become a brand ambassador for BuzzFeed.
- Possess significant (5 or more years) experience developing social strategies, ideally for international audiences in a publishing setting
- Be data obsessed, and able to evaluate and recommend quantitative measurement tools
- Be curious and innovative.
- Enjoy communicating your findings and ideas, and building decks and materials to aid in communication.
- Be resourceful and proactive.
- Have an interest in international markets and cultures.
- Be a great team player.
- Be a passionate fan of BuzzFeed.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.