BuzzFeed Branded is looking for a resourceful, all-in-one, producer / editor to bring their production and post skills to the NY Office. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work efficiently under tight deadlines and short production schedules. We are specifically looking for someone who also has an interest and knowledge of DIY, home and crafting digital video content.
This is a short term, project-based position based in BuzzFeed’s headquarters in New York City.
- Collaborate with the production department to create schedules, equipment lists, and production plans
- Execute creative video concept provided by Buzzfeed internal creative team
- Manage the production and production staff during shooting
- Operate cameras, sound equipment, and direct talent
- Must have 4 years of production experience
- Self-identified all around production master
- Has experience with Canon DSLRs, basic production sound equipment, Adobe Premiere
- Has extensive experience creating small scale, digital videos from ideation to delivery on short timelines
- Impeccable time management skills
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules / plans
- Outstanding technical knowledge of video production
- This is a variable, freelance position
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.