BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, experienced leader to join our Editorial Production team as a Managing Producer. Reporting to our Head of Physical Production, you'll uphold the values of transparency and collaboration in the growth of the operations and content organizations. You’re self-motivated, passionate about cross team collaboration and creative problem solving.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day production challenges and appropriately escalate as needed.
- Vet budgets for approval; ensuring productions are on budget/on schedule.
- Navigate simultaneous short/long-term projects with consideration of priority.
- Serve as a People Manager with an adaptable mindset, emotional intelligence and a sense of humor.
- Create structured learning and growth plan for direct report(s).
- Proactively work with Production Operations teams to reduce bottlenecks and increase efficiency.
- Effectively communicate policies and procedures to direct reports and freelance crew.
- Committed to sourcing and hiring diverse and inclusive crews and staff positions.
- Work with production management to anticipate future growth needs, help outline strategy and execution of workflows.
- 5+ years of production management experience with a leadership role, ideally focused on unscripted formats.
- Deep knowledge of Production and Operations best practices.
- Expertise in budgeting and scheduling.
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects.
- Experience overseeing the hiring process for staff and freelance personnel.
- Experience producing International productions from the office and on location.
- Know how to ask for help, strive for self-improvement but not perfection, provide constructive criticism, listen and create opportunities for yourself and others.
- Expertise in Movie Magic, Google Drive and Excel. Experience with and willingness to learn production management software/tools/databases.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.