Business Operations Summer Intern 2020
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
The Business Operations & Strategy (BizOps) team works as an internal consulting group to be a business catalyst for BuzzFeed and enhance the company’s ability to grow revenue & profitability at scale. The team provides data & insights that are endorsed and embraced by each business team and drives strategic business decisions. We are looking for a rockstar intern to join us and work cross-functionally across the business org to implement process efficiencies, organize training & development and enable cross-functional alignment & communication. This internship is a full-time, paid opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter who is comfortable with data and enjoys solving analytical problems. This candidate is also highly collaborative and able to work across different teams and parts of the business.
- Assist the Business Operations team with revenue forecasting and reporting used within the advertising organization; establishing high levels of quality, accuracy, and consistency
- Perform ad hoc revenue and sales analyses to gain deeper insights into the business
- Maintain the functional areas of data management, forecasting, contacts, leads, opportunities, dashboards and reports, and ensuring data integrity throughout our CRM system
- Establish effective analysis of sales trends and performance in an effort to identify greater efficiencies and better manage and understand process bottlenecks and inconsistencies throughout the entire sales lifecycle
- Identify process improvement opportunities across our business
- Project manage ongoing strategic initiatives to keep stakeholders and timelines in alignment
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4-year BA/BS program
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience working directly with Sales teams a plus
- Experience with sales cycles/tools including CRM and ERP
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated interest in Media/Advertising, Internet, and/or Technology
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.