BuzzFeed is looking for an eager and intelligent undergraduate rising Senior to join the Global Media Planning team for summer 2020. This internship is a full-time, paid opportunity.
In this role you will join the Pricing & Planning team, based in our LA and NYC offices, to support the tactical and strategic projects. Applying market research and critical analysis, BuzzFeed’s Media Planners devise or recommend strategies for using our product mix effectively to drive successful campaigns for our clients.
This Summer, You Will Learn:
- How Buzzfeed is positioned as the leading digital publisher, the social landscape in which Buzzfeed plays
- How to work cross-functionally with Client Partnerships and Account Management teams to identify client needs, objectives, and goals
- How to build thoughtful media plans that achieve client satisfaction and maximizes BuzzFeed’s revenue
- Strong excel skills, and substantial media math
- Create media plan templates for packages that can be shared across Client Partnerships and Account Management
- Support all planning system entry functions in our CRM and Work Order Management systems
- Coordinate with Pricing & Planning to determine pricing exceptions and price tags for new opportunities
- Manage product catalog across our CRM and Work Order Management systems
- Handle any and all ad-hoc requests in a timely, efficient manner
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4-year BA / BS program
- Passionate about digital / social media
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with CRMs (Salesforce) and with Order Management systems preferred, but not required
- - Excellent interpersonal skills, experience working directly with Sales teams a plus
- - Excellent analytical and critical thinking abilities
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- - Experience working with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.