BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Producer to develop creative strategy around emerging platforms and talent. This person will take social strategy into their own hands, collaborating closely with BuzzFeed’s established and emerging Creator talent to create original ideas and social media magic on the daily.
Are you obsessed with TikTok, IGTV, and social media at large? Then get excited. This position is for you.
The ideal candidate knows social, and why certain content goes viral: where did it take off, what makes it special, and why it’s worth sharing. This candidate picks up on trends early, and is always on top of the next big thing. We’re looking for someone who is able to navigate a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with efficiency and maturity. A rockstar who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all-things-BuzzFeed — a natural creator with a desire to learn and develop custom strategy.
This is a full-time salaried position in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- Own the entire production process for Tiktok and IGTV creator content (from ideation, through post-production and publishing), leveraging BuzzFeed Talent Residents and established Creators on the BuzzFeed accounts
- Lead brainstorms around light-lift, short form content creation
- Capture behind-the-scenes content for Instagram & Facebook Stories from video shoots happening daily on BuzzFeed’s Hollywood campus
- Establish a consultative relationship with talent around individual social accounts and promotional opportunities through BuzzFeed
- Coordinate strategy to grow Creator social presence on platforms like Facebook and YouTube
- Collect and analyze metrics as well as maintain content archives
- Conduct regular reporting to drive strategy and decision making
- 1-2 years of experience with digital media and social platforms
- A strong ability to produce and edit content for social platforms
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in social media platforms
- Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for key metrics
- A self-starter, who can create and act on ideas independently
- Flexibility: the social team changes a lot, and we need someone who is adaptable and willing to take on new things with a curious attitude.
- Creativity: You will have to think outside of the box and approach initiatives with an open mind, and be willing to pull the plug when something isn’t working.
- Hard Work Ethic: This isn’t a clock in, clock out job. We want the person in this role to go above and beyond the “job description” and be willing to take on stretch assignments and come up with their own exciting projects with a positive attitude.
- Collaboration: In this role you will collaborate with strategists and content creators across the company and will be expected to treat pitches and critiques with respect and consideration.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.