The Culinary Producer will be responsible for developing recipes and overseeing all food production for sponsored Tasty video shoots. Working collaboratively with the Creative Producers, the Culinary Producer will create inspiring yet relatable food content that meets brand guidelines but also aligns with the Tasty audience. Reporting to the Culinary Manager, the Culinary Producer will oversee a small team of freelancers to shoot top down recipe videos as well as longer form content.
- Develop reliable recipes that can be easily replicated for brand-sponsored Tasty videos
- Work on set of video shoots to style the food and ensure overall food quality and appearance
- Oversee all day-to-day culinary operations
- Coordinate grocery shopping and storage of all food-related props/set decoration
- Work closely with the Culinary Manager to understand the goals of the brand campaigns
- Oversee a team of freelance culinary staff
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen and work area and enforce standards with freelancers
- 3+ years of food service experience
- 2+ years of recipe development and food styling with experience in international cuisine and high comfort level in both sweet and savory cooking
- Strong interpersonal written and communication skills
- Some experience supervising staff
- Some experience with branded content preferred
- Some digital food media experience
- Formal culinary training is preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong organization and multitasking skills
- Strong knowledge of Tasty video content and understanding of our overall point of view on food
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may occasionally include nights and weekends
- Unwavering commitment to working safely
- Onset production experience and a comfort level performing in higher stress set environments
- Comfort level working with talent
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.