Are you viral on Twitter? Running an Instagram meme account? Maybe slightly internet culture obsessed? And does the prospect of working in a creative and fast-paced environment making content for social excite you?
BuzzFeed is looking for a skilled, creative, and strategic Social Media Editor to join our team in Mumbai. As Social Media Editor, you will be responsible for building and executing strategy across BuzzFeed India’s social channels – Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and beyond. We will provide you with access to fresh new content, our massive content library, and industry-leading data and analytics tools. It will be your responsibility to drive growth and engagement on our channels. In order to accomplish your mission, you will be encouraged to get creative — perhaps you will cut down a celebrity interview into memes to turn one video into five. Or maybe a BuzzFeed India video provides a perfect reaction GIF on a Sunday when the next morning’s commute is on the brain.
- Develop a data-led platform strategy to drive growth across our social channels
- Create, schedule, and launch posts on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other social platforms
- Use Photoshop and/or Premiere Pro to create or cutdown assets from video footage and strategically cross promote this content onto relevant BuzzFeed handles
- Communicate and brainstorm with content creators and video creators to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Analyze reporting on social performance, trends, and new opportunities
- Oversee community moderations across social platforms
- Make connections at the social platforms and stay updated as platforms change and evolve their offerings (playlists, stories, highlights, live video, etc.)
- Leverage Facebook Analytics and other third party tools for tracking and reporting on content performance
- Experienced in digital media, with 3-5 years developing and implementing social media strategy for a major publisher or brand
- A proven expert in data-led strategic thinking
- Someone with a strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc., and why content on those platforms perform
- Knowledgeable of the digital media landscape and BuzzFeed’s local (and global) competitors
- Creative, with an understanding of why things go viral
- Self-motivated and unafraid to carve out new responsibilities for yourself
- Able to flourish in a collaborative, fun, and evolving environment
- Genuinely obsessed with the internet
- Proficient with Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Knowledgeable of Google Suite and Keynote
- Ready to share a portfolio of assets (videos, memes, etc.) you’ve created for social
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program specifically tailored to local markets, including PTO, sick leave, family leave, and much more
- An office stocked with plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.