BuzzFeed Video is looking for a resourceful Production Manager to bring their production and organizational skills to the LA office and our interactive video team. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly with the departments working on Eko videos this year.
This is a full-time (about 40 hours per week), fixed-term position, based in BuzzFeed’s LA office, overflowing with perks from unlimited coffee and snacks to free lunch twice a week!
- Support Eko productions throughout each project’s lifespan; from pre-production to wrap
- Collaborate with and support producers and supervising producers throughout all projects and processes
- Plan and support internal kick-off and production meetings
- Help build and manage multiple batch video budgets and schedules
- Book and manage freelance production crews
- Collaborate with project managers, creative, post, casting, and studio ops teams throughout each project
- Work with producers and accounting to process payroll, reimbursement, and check request paperwork for submission
- Process, track, and report production wrap books and expenses
- Collaborate to develop and improve upon production resources, process, and responsibilities
- 4+ years of production experience
- Self-identified logistics master
- Experience with Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Scenechronize or comparable budgeting and scheduling software
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules / plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that is able to see a task through all stages until completion
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.