BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We are looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our People team in Los Angeles. Based in our West Hollywood location, the HR Manager will report to the Lead HR Business Partner. You will partner with company leaders, local managers and employees to provide guidance on topics ranging from talent management and development, compensation, organizational effectiveness and design, employee relations, staffing and office culture.
- Provide coaching to frontline managers on performance management issues (such as PIPs/Development Plans/Action Plans), team communications, and employee engagement.
- Support HR Business Partners in organizational change-management projects, communications, transition plans, an annual company-wide HR initiatives.
- Address employee relations matters and conduct investigations in a timely manner.
- Oversee exit interviews and exiting process.
- May conduct new hire onboarding sessions.
- Provide day-to-day support to employees including responding to questions about policies, processes and where to find information.
- Work closely with HR Operations to implement HR team processes, create reports on employee data, and complete administrative transactions.
- Prior HR Generalist experience.
- Extensive knowledge of HR regulations, best practices, and procedures.
- Experience working in complex, highly matrixed environments; a mix of established company and start-up experience is a plus.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and become a trusted advisor.
- Results-oriented with a high level of resourcefulness and initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.