BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Producer with strong editorial judgment to help create a series of video clips for social channels. Successful candidates are heavy social media users with a strong command of how trending news breaks and spreads on social media and a knack for figuring out what people are sharing and talking about online. The ideal Producer has a proven track record of delivering compelling visual content under tight deadlines and an appetite for a wide range of news, from pop culture and celebrities, to memes and internet culture. Candidates must be detail-oriented, critical thinkers with an ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Leading production on daily video clips, taking responsibility for the final product that makes it to air.
- Identifying and anticipate trending stories, even before they take off.
- Researching and writing compelling scripts.
- Identifying and booking guests who are experts on a trending topic.
- Fill a role in the control room during taping.
- Working with hosts, bookers and newsroom reporters on trending content and guests.
- Collaborating with curation teams to strategize posts.
- 4-5 years experience in news or digital media.
- Strong editorial judgment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and handle breaking news situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and stay organized in a high-pressure news environment.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Group Copy Supervisor
BGB Group, BGB Group