Sitting within BuzzFeed’s newly created Product Labs, this position will be responsible for creating and maintaining editorial and social media strategy across all Product Labs brands - from Homesick Candles to Tasty Cookbooks. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is able to collaborate with ease across BuzzFeed’s editorial and business teams and can work with urgency and tight timelines. An obsession with the Internet helps too.
This job is based in BuzzFeed’s Product Labs, located in NYC’s Chelsea neighborhood. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program. Not to mention a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks (and pups)!
- Partner with Product Labs’ brand owners and marketing to develop content strategy to drive commerce sales from a variety of brands including Homesick Candles, Tasty Cookbooks, Shop BuzzFeed, FuckShitShop.com and many more we have yet to invent.
- Lead social media creation and strategy in collaboration with marketing and customer acquisition across multiple Facebook pages and other social media platforms.
- Create reporting and analytics for social media performance in conjunction with BuzzFeed’s existing content management system, dashboards and in-house data tools.
- Plan and manage editorial content calendars for individual brands as well as collaboratively for tentpole planning, holiday season and more.
- Continually test and evaluate new social and content strategies, tactics, and partnerships to drive product sales.
- Demonstrate social platform expertise and help develop content distribution strategies for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with other Product Labs initiatives and projects as needed.
- 2-4 years experience in online media/publishing or marketing creating video and social media content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, YouTube and Reddit user
- Strong project management and people skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Solution-oriented approach and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Comfortable with using and learning data sources as diverse as Google Analytics, Facebook’s audience tools, Shopify, Looker etc.
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Copy writing and Photoshop skills a plus
- Loves to LOL.
About BuzzFeed Product Labs
BuzzFeed Product Labs is BuzzFeed’s newest (and coolest) venture; tasked with developing consumer products and experiences that are aligned with what BuzzFeed does best; creating things (products, e-commerce experiences, etc) that are inherently sharable & speak to specific audiences / identities. Product Labs functions independent of BuzzFeed HQ and is much more akin to a start-up than a big corporation. Recent Product Labs initiatives include The Fondoodler, a hot glue gun for cheese, the Tasty Cookbook (100k copies sold in 34 days!), Homesick Candles, The Fuckshit Shop, and BuzzFeed’s Trump inspired garbage bin.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some classes we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Originals Slate Publicity - Junkets/Conventions
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Social Video Producer, Shopify Studios
Assistant, Public Relations
Golden State Warriors, Warriors Executive Office
Senior Brand Media Manager
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Brand Media Manager
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Manager, Marketing Analytics
Tile, San Mateo, CA