BuzzFeed is looking for a Creative Producer to join our team for a fixed-term employee contract with benefits through 2020, focused on interactive videos. The Creative Producer is the project leader responsible for bringing these videos to life, leading them creatively through concepting, production, and post-production. The ideal candidate is a highly organized creative with big ideas, an understanding of all elements of video production, an excitement for experimenting with new technology, and can comfortably juggle multiple video projects at once. They will be reporting to the Senior Creative Director for Media Labs.
Primarily, this role will act as the creative lead for a batch of multiple interactive videos. BuzzFeed’s interactive videos let the audience influence the outcome through clever choices and gameplay while tapping into data for content we know our audience loves. You will lead the project from a creative POV through the initial pitch and development, overseeing the creation of high-quality creative work, coordinating the efforts of multiple teams, and ensuring success. Experience in interactive filmmaking is not required but a huge plus.
The Media Labs team at BuzzFeed are video specialists who unlock the power of unparalleled audience understanding and new technologies to develop an original approach to filmmaking.
- Work with the project, production and post teams to ensure creation and delivery of innovative interactive videos that surprise and delight the global BuzzFeed audience.
- Conceive and execute concepts for multiple videos and shows that features satisfying interactive choices and pathways.
- Oversee and manage development from treatments to scripts to final edits; maintain accountability for the success of the videos.
- Support on-set production efforts from a creative standpoint, ensuring videos meet our high quality standards and accounting for all interactive quirks.
- Bring videos through post-production, leading multiple rounds of creative and technical feedback to ensure playthrough experience is fun, engaging, and drives repeat-viewership.
- Partner with other team leads to develop rich creative ideas from unique audience insights that BuzzFeed is uniquely able to uncover
- Dream up "never been done before" concepts that push the limits of interactivity
- Partner with key leaders to continuously bring new ideas to the table through experimentation and iteration.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for the end product of all creative team members.
- Ensure ideas can happen relative to budgets, timing, and capabilities.
- 2-4 years of experience as a director or producer, prior experience in digital media or interactive technology is a plus.
- A proven ability in creating innovative, thoughtful, and inclusive video content across multiple platforms.
- A detail-oriented mindset and extremely high standards for your creative output.
- Strong storytelling instinct and ability to inspire internal and external partners with your ideas.
- An interest in and deep knowledge of the social web, including experience producing work for a variety of platforms or agencies.
- Curiosity and willingness to play.
- Please submit your resume. In place of a traditional cover letter, please tell us a little about yourself, why you’re excited about interactive video, and a few sentences on how you would have made this video differently: https://www.buzzfeed.com/helloeko/can-you-survive-the-zombie-apocalypse-eko?b=1
- Please submit a link to your portfolio
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, and birthday treats!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.