Are you viral on Twitter? The meme queen of the group chat? Internet culture obsessed?
BuzzFeed is looking for a vibrant Social Media Intern to join our team for two days a week in our BuzzFeed Sydney office to start as soon as possible. As our Social Media Intern, you will be responsible for sourcing and creating meme content on BuzzFeed Australia’s social channels as well as assisting with scheduling duties across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more.
- Source and create meme content for BuzzFeed Australia social channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assist with general social scheduling duties across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assist the Publishing Strategist with creating social assets across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- An innate understanding of and active participation in internet culture
- A constant pulse on trending meme formats
- Graduated or currently studying media, communications or a related degree
- Proven social media experience (even if it is just your own personal channels)
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
- Knowledge and familiarity of the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
Practical test to submit along with resume and cover photo:
Please create or describe in detail three memes you’d make for BuzzFeed Oz Facebook, Twitter and Instagram respectively. You can submit these through the links section of the application in PDF or google sheet form, or you can describe them in the cover letter section of this application.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, tailored for each local market
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.