BuzzFeed is seeking a Shop Assistant to work part time on our Hollywood campus coordinating construction and workshop order fulfillment. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, you'll support operations techs and art dept personnel in workshop assignments as well as complete maintenance tasks on workshop equipment and production design elements. You’ll also provide fulfillment support for props and flats and will be cross- trained with stage and asset technicians to cover all venue needs on our Hollywood lot.
This is a part time role, on-site, 25 hours/week, primarily within M-F 9a-6p timeframe with occasional off hours per production need, for 13 weeks, with the potential to extend.
- Assist the Art Director with the execution of designs, builds and workshop tasks
- Understand and exhibit proper tool and equipment use for any users of workshop space
- Coordinate material pickups and supply chain integrity
- Manage inventory of tools, expendables, raw materials, paint, etc - circulation, usage, replenishing, and disposal / life-cycle
- Manage flat and scenic inventory - rental, alteration approvals, usage, disposal, life-cycle, etc. in coordination with Properties Manager
- Assemble orders for check-out and prep them for pickup/delivery
- Receive returns and restock shelves for inventory reconciliation
- Provide cross-functional support to other stage/venue teams
- Input and catalog performance data as assigned by the Ops Supervisor
- Perform daily rounds of the stages on the lot
- Experience in a scene shop or prop rental house a plus
- Mechanical skills in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to lift and carry materials, 35 lbs unassisted
- Ability to read and understand floor plans, color renderings, and advanced construction blueprints preferred
- Experience on set and willingness to occasionally assist on set
- Adaptability to work in a fast paced production environment with changes in production plans / schedules
- Excellent organizational skills, a team oriented approach, and a sense of humor
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
416 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.