BuzzFeed Video’s Celeb Team is looking for a Junior Video Producer with a deep knowledge of celebrity culture and entertainment to pitch, produce and edit videos that feature celebrities, influencers, and external talent. You’ll report to the Supervising Producer in NYC and collaborate with other Celeb Video Producers and Celebrity Editorial Leads. You should have lightning-fast turnaround times on video edits, the ability to juggle many different video projects at a time and work well with different personality types. You are a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, celebrity news, and emerging technology/platforms. You also have a background in independent video production and an obsession with creating shareable, viral content.
- Film videos with celebrity talent both in-studio and on-site at press junkets
- Produce quick-turnaround videos, and keep up with a production schedule of 6-8 YouTube videos per month
- Quickly edit videos for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Create new formats and ideas, iterating on successes and brainstorming fun content with talent
- Assist with last-minute shoots and packaging content for social channels
- Collaborate with the celeb team (coordinators, writers, video producers) to produce video projects
- Communicate and analyze your wins and failures to create more viral video content
- An insatiable love for celebrity, influencer, and internet culture
- Experience working with talent and shooting celebrity content
- 1-3 years of experience with video production, DSLR Cameras, lighting, editing, and producing content for a major media organization
- A solid understanding of project timelines
- A deep understanding of YouTube, Instagram, and other social platforms
- Experience running a full video shoot (pre-pro, audio, lighting, directing etc.)
- High-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop)
- High emotional intelligence to give and receive constructive feedback in a small team environment
- Strong comfort level working solo as well as in small teams
- A positive, curious, fun-loving disposition
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. Please also include 2-4 pitches for celeb/influencer-centric videos that you would be interested in producing for the BuzzFeed Celeb YouTube channel.
- Attach a resume
- Share 2-3 samples of videos you’ve produced and edited yourself (Candidates without video samples will not be considered)
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.