Communications Manager, Technology & Commerce
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is seeking a Manager of Communications to lead media relations across its fast-growing technology team and its new commerce division, BuzzFeed Product Lab.
The Manager will be responsible for amplifying BuzzFeed tech initiatives and innovation in the press, focusing on a mix of product announcements, thought leadership, speaking engagements, and data-driven storytelling. This effort is critical in continuing to build the company’s tech profile and enabling it to recruit the best tech talent. Additionally, the Manager will oversee communications for BuzzFeed Product Lab, which develops socially driven products including Homesick Candles and Tasty Cookbook.
The ideal candidate will be an engineering evangelist and media relations master who can think strategically and work entrepreneurially in BuzzFeed’s fast-moving culture. A passion for tech and a love of the Internet are a must.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with VP, Corporate Communications to shape and lead BuzzFeed’s tech narrative
- Collaborate internally with the tech and Product Lab teams to develop consistent messaging and secure press stories to further build BuzzFeed’s technology and innovation story
- Advance relationships with press and relevant influencers (emojis and gifs welcome!)
- Tell data-driven and growth and measurement stories in partnership with the wider communications team for BuzzFeed’s Entertainment Group (Quizzes, Lists, Tasty and more!), BuzzFeed News and BuzzFeed’s advertising business
- Develop thought leadership, speaking opportunities and press materials
- Build and grow upon BuzzFeed’s existing engineering evangelism program
- Partner key stakeholders including BuzzFeed’s Publisher, CTO, VP of Design, VP of Product, Head of Product Labs and more
- 3-5 years of experience in communications for technology or digital media preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally internally and with external partners
- Strong understanding of current media, advertising and technology industry
- Proven ability to pitch and secure placements among top-tier press outlets
- Excellent organization skills, experience and ease working with executives, strong written and verbal communication skills
- A sense of humor doesn’t hurt and a love for Sunday night Twitter!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Production Designer - Marketing Operations
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Ad Review Specialist
Snap Inc., London, UK
Social Media Director
Casper, New York
Manager, Content Publicity/PR
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
TasteMaker Program – Home Recipe Tester
HelloFresh, New York City
UK Marketing Manager