Photo Researcher Consultant (Project-Based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles or New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is searching for a top notch photo researcher for BuzzFeed.com. This role is responsible for handling photo requests from writers, purchasing from photo agencies, and approving photo usage on BuzzFeed.com. Applicants should expect to yield requests from writers in a prompt manner via Slack, work with outside vendors to source images, and track all photo usage accordingly. The ideal candidate is on the pulse of trending photo needs including pop culture, entertainment and celebrity features. Experience working with photo agencies and sourcing hard-to-find images is required.
This is a project-based role with the possibility for an extension in either the New York or Los Angeles offices and is available to start immediately.
- Strong research skills
- 3-4 years of experience
- High emotional intelligence
- Extremely organized and efficient
- A deep understanding of the DMCA
- The ability to take perspective of others
- Experience working with photo agencies
- Highly proficient in Slack + remote workflows
- Experience tracking down hard-to-source photos
- Experience working with digital asset management teams
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
- Send us a short explanation of why you would be a good fit for this role
- Send an example of a photo that you think would be good inspiration for a post on BuzzFeed.com
- Send a few examples of photo-driven stories on the internet that were solely based on a photo or series of photos
- Your resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
153 Active Jobs
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.