Social Media Strategist, BuzzFeed LGBTQ (project-based)
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Social Media Strategist to join our team to work on our new LGBTQ vertical. You will provide social media support for the BuzzFeed team and manage multiple accounts, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other platforms.
The ideal candidate is able to navigate a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with efficiency and maturity. We’re looking for a rockstar who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed — someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about social media, the internet, and community! This is a part-time project-based role based in our New York office.
- Work with the larger social team to build a social strategy that promotes content to the widest audience with an LGBTQ lens
- Manage, create and publish original content
- Make sure the assigned Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages remain healthy in the face of platform shifts and content strategy changes
- Engage with the social community, interact with relevant posts and cultivate relationships
- Partner with the research and data teams to improve strategy that results in productive growth in audience and engagement
- Demonstrate the ability to be additive to BuzzFeed’s culture with a productive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Analyze and report out about social activity
- 1-2 years experience working with social media
- Previous experience creating content/social posts for LGBTQ
- Proven organizational and administrative experience
- Have excellent multitasking skills to handle all of the social media accounts you’re responsible for in a cohesive way
- Have excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail and are proactive and able to work independently while remaining an excellent collaborator
- Have a positive and curious disposition and a genuine love for and excitement about the internet
- No formal cover letters, please.
- Instead of a cover letter:
- Provide links to your public social media accounts and examples of your previous work
- Summarize in one paragraph your vision for BuzzFeed LGBTQ social handles
- Attach a resume!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Jobs You May Like
Bulk Handling Systems
Bulk Handling Systems, Bulk Handling Systems