Director, Communications, BuzzFeed Entertainment Group
BuzzFeed is seeking a Director of Communications to lead strategic communications and media relations for BuzzFeed Entertainment Group (BFEG), which produces the company’s creative portfolio of entertainment channels, original series, posts, quizzes, videos, as well as its food and lifestyle networks, Tasty and Nifty. This role is critical in sharing the creative ingenuity, massive reach and cultural impact of BuzzFeed’s content, and the brilliant creators and storytellers behind it.
The ideal candidate will have a strong entertainment publicity background, expertise in cross-platform content, and deep understanding of the evolving media landscape. The Director should demonstrate strong relationships with entertainment journalists and in the creative community, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, a connection to BuzzFeed’s content, and a love of the Internet.
The role will report to the head of communications for BFEG, but will also work closely with the BFEG leadership team and talent.
- Help develop and execute media relations strategy to communicate the creative vision and success of the BuzzFeed Entertainment Group
- Develop and execute publicity campaigns in support of BuzzFeed franchises and original series
- Collaborate with the BFEG editorial team to identify and tell stories that demonstrate the creative vibrancy and cultural impact of its content
- Tell growth and measurement stories in partnership with the wider communications team for BuzzFeed’s Entertainment Group (Quizzes, Lists, Tasty and more!), BuzzFeed News and BuzzFeed’s advertising business
- Develop thought leadership, speaking opportunities, and press materials
- Partner key stakeholders including BuzzFeed Entertainment Group President, Head of Development, and VP of Operations
- 5-7 years experience, ideally within a media company or studio system. Demonstrated success securing media coverage across various platforms (tv, digital, print, web, radio).
- Established relationships across the industry.
- Deep understanding of media, tech, and especially the entertainment landscape.
- Executive communication skills, and strong communicator - we want to know you write and pitch well, and can talk to all kinds of different people.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks on tight deadlines, lead projects, and react quickly in time-sensitive scenarios.
- Passion for following media, digging into trends, and staying ahead of the press cycle.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Manager - ANZ
GitHub, Remote - Australia
판매자 지원 상담사/Seller Support Associates
Marketing Associate (Contract)
Technical Product Marketing Manager
Carbon, Redwood City
Trendyol, Istanbul / Maslak
Senior Web Copywriter
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC