Adaptations Lead (project based)
BuzzFeed, New York, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a project-based Adaptations Lead to join our Video team. The Adaptations Lead will work with the Platform video team and oversee a team of editors that adapt content for our Facebook, IG and TikTok properties. This is a project will run through the end of the year with a possibility for extension. The rate is $31/hr.
- Identify and assign cross-platform adaptations based off monthly slating process
- Provide notes and feedback in a timely manner
- Iterate off of successful/trending content
- Work with Supervising Producer to build existing output goals
- Reframe and compile different existing videos to long-form videos
- Support freelance producers with daily management
- Support team with ongoing feedback
- Implement feedback from Social Strategists and Supervising producers to inform team on decisions/strategy
- Help with new projects from variety of teams/brands in the US
- Interest in social platforms and data
- Baseline knowledgeable about at least one social platform, including Facebook
- Ability to give and receive feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, and creative at the same time
- Experience working both independently and as part of a small team in a fast paced, change-oriented environment
- A creative, enthusiastic, and solution-oriented nature
- Experience interpreting data and applying insights to increase success in key metrics
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to achieve goals
- Interest in food, DIY, travel, and wellness a plus
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. We’d also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Jobs You May Like
First Look Media
Executive Assistant, The Intercept (Temp)
First Look Media, New York, NY