Part Time Freelance Editor, News Curation
The social news and entertainment company.
Part Time Freelance Editor, News Curation
BuzzFeed News in Berlin
We are looking for a smart and open-minded news junkie to join the BuzzFeed News Team in Germany, on a part time Freelance basis. Our small news team focuses on news and political coverage. We’re looking for someone who will help our team grow our social media channels and break news stories on the internet.
This role offers the opportunity to shape a young and ambitious news outlet with international background enter the German news market. It involves everything from breaking tweets to viral videos.
The successful candidate will have experience at a professional news organization, superior news judgment, and excellent communication skills, and be obsessed with figuring out what people are sharing, liking, recommending, and talking about online.
This is a role for someone who knows the internet from Twitter to Reddit, someone who can identify interesting conversations wherever they’re happening, and someone more curious than ideological.
This job is part-time and based in Berlin. We offer competitive compensation.
- Seek out conversations that tie to BuzzFeed News reporting and package them interestingly for our audience on multiple publishing platforms.
- Help manage and grow BuzzFeed News’ presence, in the beginning mainly on Facebook and Twitter.
- Effectively use news judgment and data to curate stories for BuzzFeed News social accounts and homepage to best present news stories for our audiences.
- Coordinate with the news desk to gather and verify social content.
- Embrace new and innovative ways to tell news stories across BuzzFeed’s distributed news channels, mainly Facebook and Twitter.
- Deep understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular.
- Past experience with a project that focuses on aggregating and genuinely understanding varied perspectives.
- Experience editing a social media account, or reporting on diverse internet platforms for a news organization.
- A national and world news junkie with an interest in and understanding of politics, national and global affairs.
- Comfortable with real-time social reporting: searching for photos and videos, and live-tweeting press conferences and big events.
- Relentless attention to detail while comfortably multitasking in fast-moving news environments.
- A demonstrated ability to craft notifications, tweets, Facebook posts, and live coverage that people want to share and engage with.
- Well-rounded knowledge of photo- and video-editing software.
- Experience with real-time analytics and social sharing tools.
- Must be a team player and live on the internet.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Branded Assistant Editor
BuzzFeed, Sao Paulo
Video Intern NY - Spring 2018
BuzzFeed, New York
Time Inc., London
Freelance VFX, Branded Video
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Manager, Events - Originals Publicity (NYC)
Netflix, New York, New York
Manager, Post Production - International Originals (EMEA)
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands