iOS Engineer, Tasty
BuzzFeed, Minneapolis or remote (select states)
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for an iOS Engineer to help build features and shape the future of the Tasty iOS App. Our versatile team consists of product managers, designers, data scientists, and engineers all working together on our mission to make cooking accessible for all of our users and grow an exciting business line for BuzzFeed overall. In your role, you’ll collaborate with the team to create strategies around user retention and product utility and build incredible features to bring our user’s satisfaction and meet company goals. This job is preferably based in our Minneapolis office but we’re all remote during Covid, and will continue to support remote work for select locations.
About the Products
With 2M monthly active users and a 5 star app store rating, Tasty is a top tier cooking app that our users love. Our work focuses on both building and encouraging an audience who loves to cook and creating unique business opportunities for BuzzFeed. We work on everything from large exciting partnerships to meaningful features meant to make our user’s lives better. As a member of this team not only will you build new features, you will help real people who want to cook for themselves and their families.
What you’ll do
- Apply your iOS technical and product expertise to solving real problems for both our Tasty iOS users and our business
- Build features that integrate into our internal and open source iOS frameworks that are used across multiple applications
- Collaborate with product, design, data science, QA, and other internal partners on both coming up with and building new ideas
- Write high-quality code and tests to build apps and frameworks that stand the test of time
Who you are
- You have worked on and maintained iOS applications or frameworks
- You have 1+ years experience with the Swift programming language and common iOS Architectures
- You are comfortable working with people across multiple disciplines like design, product, and data science
- You can articulate your decisions and questions in a way that allows for team collaboration
- You are comfortable soliciting and providing direct and impactful feedback
- You are willing to take initiative on work that needs to be done
A big plus
- You have experience with MVVM Architecture
- You have a passion for good product fit, and UX.
- You have interest in back-end systems
About BuzzFeed tech stack
We know that good engineers come from a variety of backgrounds and languages – if you don't already know the languages that we use, we trust that you’ll learn.
- 100% Swift and MVVM, no major 3rd party frameworks
- Fastlane & Circle.ci for CI, Firebase and DataDog for Performance monitoring
- Our backend services are written in Python, Go, or node.js
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Potential to be featured and casted in a BuzzFeed Video
- (NYC) No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in NYC!
- (MN) Tight Knit and fun office in Northeast Minneapolis with all the treats of NY minus Tasty leftovers (sorry they don’t travel well)
- (Remote) Very distributed workforce encouraging a strong remote culture
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Transforming your leasing and asset management