Video Editor, Branded Content (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Los Angeles Post-Production team in a project-based capacity to work on Branded content. We’re looking for someone who can edit and complete their own professional level final finishing on projects. This is a freelance position with a project rate range of $400-500/day depending on experience.
- Partner with Producers and Post-Production team editing branded content
- End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
- Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives and clients
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Stay super organized and follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- Work with the Post-Production team to flag and communicate any watch outs with the shoot and scope of creative.
- 4+ years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
- 1+ years Experience in Branded Content or Agency Editing
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
- Working knowledge of Audition, DaVinci, and other common 3rd party software a plus
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Experience cutting Story-driven Edits
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Passion and knowledge for editing theory
- Experience designing and laying in GFX/VFX
- Balance and grade color, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process, software and equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or related field is preferred
- Share 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited or current reel.
- Must include branded samples
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.