Data Analyst, Product Analytics
BuzzFeed, New York, Los Angeles, US Remote (select states)
The social news and entertainment company.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical and product background, with experience designing and optimizing product funnels that enable user activation and growth. They will be comfortable working in a cross-functional environment, collaborating with product managers, engineers, designers and content leads.
- Help internal teams understand how BuzzFeed users interact with our range of products - through detailed analysis, dashboard creation, and regular reporting tasks.
- Work closely with product teams to develop and test strategies for activating users and creating habitual product usage.
- Deploy funnel analysis to understand user drop-off and conversion.
- Administer A/B tests to evaluate feature impact and inform product strategy.
- Conduct retention analyses that help identify investment opportunities.
- Develop key performance metrics that align with company user retention and acquisition goals.
- 2+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis.
- 1+ years experience with product optimization work focused on user retention (e.g. funnel optimization) and/or user acquisition (e.g.outbound communication channels such as email or push notifications).
- Experience with product optimization or growth best practices.
- Very comfortable using SQL to explore large datasets.
- Experience with Looker (or another BI tool) is a plus.
- Excellent communication capabilities, with a focus on clearly articulating recommendations to a range of stakeholders.
- Practiced at taking a structured approach to problem solving.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.