The business and content analytics team focuses on growing and engaging BuzzFeed’s audiences across distributed platforms. The team is data-driven and results-focused. We are seeking a talented analyst who thrives at the intersection of data, creativity, and business. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical, analytical, and product background – with a hunger to make our properties grow. This position is full-time, part of the business and content analytics team, and is located in our Los Angeles office. Work will be from home until safe to return to the office (work from home cleared until August 2021).
- Leverage data to understand our products and properties in-depth, identify areas of opportunity, and work with diverse teams to drive growth and engagement of BuzzFeed’s audience
- Work both cross-platform distributed BuzzFeed publishing platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat, as well as onsite BuzzFeed.com and our mobile apps
- Processing, cleaning, and validating the integrity of data used for analysis
- Generate analytics dashboards (Looker/LookML a plus)
- 1+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- 1+ years experience with SQL (Preferably BigQuery)
- The ability to process and analyze data sets, and interpret them to make business decisions.
- Communication skills and the ability to simplify complex analysis for technical and creative teams.
- Experience with Looker/Lookml development
- Experience with Python, R, or other scripting languages
- Interest in social video, internet culture and/or
- Experience with Git/Version Control
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Jobs You May Like
Quantitative Researcher HFT Desk
Allston Trading, Chicago