We’re looking for an experienced product manager to grow our BuzzFeed News flagship site and app. You will have a passion for news, leading a team to launch and improve impactful products. With a small team to start, you will initially create a strategy to grow, retain, and monetize our news audience while improving on the experience we have today. This is a highly visible and impactful role to help determine the future of our news products with a lot of potential for growth.
BuzzFeed News is not any newsroom. We are a team of dogged and creative journalists who report to people on the internet, in the language of the internet. Our tagline, “Reporting To You,” reminds us of what — and who — we’re here for. Our mission is to report to you: We cover what you care about, break big stories that hold major institutions to account, and expose injustices that change people's lives — all while averaging over 50 million unique monthly readers.
- You will partner closely with the Executive Editor, newsroom leadership, and technology leadership to develop and execute on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for BuzzFeed News.
- Your responsibility over the BuzzFeed News experience will span BuzzFeedNews.com, the BuzzFeed News App, and our Google AMP, Facebook Instant Articles, and Apple News pages.
- You will work with our apps team to build any BuzzFeed News app projects.
- You will be responsible for thinking about how people are using BuzzFeed News products and how to achieve business success by meeting user needs.
- You will set OKRs, write project plans, prioritize the team’s work, and communicate and coordinate the team’s plans with partners within and outside of the Newsroom.
- Experienced: You have 4+ years of hands-on experience launching and managing digital products, ideally for a news consumer experience.
- Collaborative and communicative: You have an ability to work well and communicate with engineers, designers, and data scientists — experience working with journalists and business partners is a plus.
- Curious and analytical: You are proficient in data and insights. You regularly size opportunities and don’t merely accept outliers in data, but actively investigate and dive into the numbers and research to find novel insights and new product ideas.
- Comfortable in the spotlight: You will need to work with and help influence senior leaders across the company to promote the team’s vision and product strategy in a complex problem space.
- User focused: You have a deep empathy for user problems and use this to identify solutions to enhance and improve their experience
- Passion for journalism: You have a passion for journalism and believe in the mission of BuzzFeed News.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.