BuzzFeed is looking for a project based animator to join our growing Media Labs team! We’re looking for someone clever and creative to work on animations and artwork for our show The Land of Boggs! You will begin as soon as possible, contract length negotiable. Interested candidates will be asked to submit an art test and their portfolios. We look forward to meeting you!
Reporting to our show’s creative lead, this is a project-based position lasting through December with possibility of extension. Rate starts at $28-$32 hourly depending on experience level.
- Develop and animate short video content for social media
- Repurpose existing artwork for various usage
- Creatively support the department at large
- Coordinate with creative leads to receive and provide artistic feedback
- Contribute to brainstorm sessions to create new ideas for the future
- Work well in a small team environment
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS
- 2+ years experience with Flash animation
- A creative and problem solving mindset
- Knowledge of social media trends and best practices
- Excellent drawing skills
- An eye for aesthetics and details
- Great communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to make changes in a timely manner
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams. Working with us, you'll find:
- An inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Supportive coworkers who are eager to help you succeed
- An open campus full of useful resources, classes, and lifestyle events
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork and inclusion. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one