Short-Form Affiliate Video Lead (project based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a project-based Short Form Affiliate Video Lead to join our Video team. The project-based Short Form Affiliate Video Lead will lead a small team of Freelance Producers focused on cracking new affiliate video formats, series, and affiliate revenue opportunities for Facebook, Instagram and TikTok. You will have a keen eye for identifying affiliate format/product opportunities. This is a full-time project based position that will begin immediately and go through 12/2020. You will report to The Director of Editorial Video. The budgeted rate is $31/hr.
- Lead and provide daily management of small team of Freelance Producers focused on short-form affiliate content
- Identify opportunities for original affiliate videos
- Provide notes and feedback in a timely manner
- Oversee OR Manage and grow the short form affiliate video process
- Work with Supervising Producer to execute on existing output goals
- Ability to ideate around livestreams and one-off short form videos
- Ability to identify when area of focus isn’t working and pivot
- Work with brand leads and leads across content organization to identify affiliate opportunities
- Assist with new projects from variety of teams/brands in the US
- Interest in social platforms and data
- Experience with Instagram (including live and IGTV) Twitter, Facebook and TikTok
- Interest and background working with products and review content
- Baseline knowledgeable about at least one social platform, particularly Facebook
- Must be meticulous, technical, and creative at the same time
- Experience interpreting data and apply insights to increase success in key metrics
- Experienced in a internet video
- Interest in food, DIY, travel, and wellness a plus
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume
- Share 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.