On-Set Media Manager (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles/New York City
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a skilled and experienced On-Set Media Manager to bring their expertise to upcoming branded productions being shot on location in Los Angeles and in NYC. We are looking for one Media Manager in Los Angeles and one in NYC.
These are project-based, freelance positions with a project rate of $275/day.
- Offload, ingest, and organize shot footage and recorded sound cards
- Work with the DP to ensure camera is being shot to the technical specifications
- Quickly relay information to Post-Production on technical specifications required if cameras or other equipment change on the day of shoot
- Review footage after downloading to check for any errors
- Review sound files after downloading to check for any errors
- Coordinate with Post-Production team to ensure footage is delivered properly and on schedule
- Troubleshoot basic media and tech issues safely, and escalate larger issues promptly
- Help facilitate remote media transfers between team members
- Support communication between Production and Post-Production
- Help support the archive team with final delivered assets
- 2+ years of related experience as an on-set DIT or Media Manager working on branded, or commercial content
- Experience with DSLRs, Canon C300 Mark II, and other similar camera footage
- Experience verifying timecode settings and transcoding footage to H265 or ProRes as needed
- Experience with Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps such as Premiere Pro and Media Encoder
- Advanced experience working with offloading software, including ShotPut Pro, MD5 or xxHash checksums
- Bonus points for knowledge of RAW, Log footage workflow, including, but not limited to: Canon Log, S-Log, Blackmagic RAW and RedCode
- Strong knowledge of on-set protocols and standard operating procedures
- Experience handling Post-Production and Production equipment
- Experience working in a shared storage environment preferred (SAN, NAS, etc)
- No kit required - equipment will be provided
- Include a link to your portfolio or provide samples of your work or your reel in your application
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.