Multi-Hyphenate Camera Operator/Sound Mixer (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles/New York City
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a skilled and resourceful Camera Operate/Sound Mixer to bring their expertise to an upcoming branded production being shot on location in Los Angeles and in NYC. We are looking for one Camera Operator/Sound Mixer in Los Angeles and one in NYC.
These are project-based, freelance positions with a project rate of $510/day + $250 Sound kit fee in LA and $560/day + $250 Sound kit fee in NYC.
- Operate camera on set
- Work with DP to implement creative vision
- Follow shot list and other creative materials
- Be willing to and able to set up lights, grip, and perform camera prep responsibilities
- Work with other members of camera crew such as an Assistant Camera
- Work with lighting crew
- Plan audio setup and equipment needs
- Setup sound recording equipment on set
- Properly mic talent
- Monitor recording and provide properly mixed tracks
- Must have 3+ years of production sound experience
- Has experience with Zoom recorders or can provide personal kit
- 3+ years of production experience as a camera operator working on branded, commercial, or music videos
- Strong technical knowledge of cameras and the film production process
- Flexible approach and collaborative
- Must provide samples of work / reel
- Experience with variety of equipment, techniques
- Knowledge of standard set protocol
- Previous branded digital video experience is ideal
- Include a link to your portfolio or provide samples of your work or your reel in your application
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.