Production Designer (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles/New York City
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a skilled and experienced Production Designer to bring their expertise to upcoming branded productions being shot on location in Los Angeles and in NYC. We are looking for one Production Designer in Los Angeles and one in NYC.
These are project-based, freelance positions with a project rate of $400/day.
- Responsible for the overall look and feel of the physical set
- Hiring Art Director and Art crew members as needed
- Source materials and items to be used during production
- Work closely with the director to to build the look of the physical space
- Build sets and art products as needed
- Be available for pre-production and team meetings as needed
- Handle prop returns
- 2+ years of experience as a production designer working on branded, or commercial content
- Strong knowledge of set protocols and typical working operations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must provide personal kit, including tools for building, vehicle for transporting art purchases
- Previous branded digital video experience is ideal
- Include a link to your portfolio or provide samples of your work or your reel in your application
- Also provide samples of previous set builds
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Oakland, CA