Social Publishing Coordinator (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for someone with an understanding and love of web culture, digital media, and online video to help take our social publishing game to the next level.
Reporting to our Lead Social Media Strategist and working on our Hollywood campus, you will assist our social publishing team with optimizing our video content and audience engagement for all of BuzzFeed’s YouTube channels. You have a background in digital media and/or social media, be excited by analytics, have a deep understanding of YouTube, and have an accessible and responsive working style.
You have a passion for social media content and digital publishing and can understand and summarize how and why certain pieces of content blow up — where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
This is a freelance, short-term contract that includes a 40 hour/week, running ASAP-January.
- Create clickable and eye-catching titles and thumbnails for videos
- Optimize video metadata for YouTube and SEO best practices
- Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple YouTube channels and assist with comment moderation
- Experiment with how our content is presented on platform, analyze results, and give actionable feedback
- Collaborate with the social team to help with day-to-day tasks on YouTube
- Extremely strong Photoshop knowledge and experience
- Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect performance
- Experience in digital media and/or marketing
- Understanding and love of the digital landscape
- Knowledge of the YouTube platform ecosystems and best practices
- Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Reddit user
- Exceptionally strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Please submit 3-5 samples of social media thumbnails you’ve created.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price