Assistant Editor (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles and NYC
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for an Assistant Editor to join our Post-Production team in a project-based capacity. We’re looking for someone to bring technical skills and strong organizational habits into various forms of content. This is a project-based, freelance position with a project rate of $250/day.
- Ingest, transcode, log, organize, and archive media
- Keep detailed logs on footage, ingests, and preps
- Help with string outs, markers, short-form digital content, and in-video graphics when requested
- Assist Editors and Producers with Post Production Workflow knowledge
- Occasionally give feedback on and help improve digital only production workflows
- Occasionally assist with Post Equipment Pickup/Drop Offs + Runs delivering to producers & editors from the Office
- Occasionally help with tech support issues
- Work with editors in trafficking, assessing and editing incoming footage
- Assist Post-Production Coordinators in the management of assets and production materials
- Support communication between Production and Post-Production teams
- Prep and Conform assets for delivery to vendors for vfx, sound mix, and color correction
- Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication (or related field/experience)
- 2+ years working in a professional environment
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro (preferred NLE), Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects as well as 3rd party software
- Comfortable working with most video codecs, formats, timecode formats, and transcoding
- Comfortable sharing feedback within a small team environment
- Detail-oriented, technical, and open to new ideas
- Work at at a consistent pace while effectively multitasking
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Working knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Jobs You May Like
Didn't find a suitable position for you? Let us know that you ...
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Burlingame, CA
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Springfield, NJ