BuzzFeed Video is looking for a resourceful, all-in-one, producer / editor to bring their production and post skills to the LA Office. We are looking for a smart, passionate self-starter that can work efficiently under tight deadlines and short production schedules. We are specifically looking for someone who has a passion for jumping on trending topics and an obsession with the internet.
This is a project-based, freelance position based in BuzzFeed’s LA or NYC office. The project rate for this position is $1500 per video.
- Work with the production department to create schedules, equipment lists, and production plans
- Implement a creative video concept provided by BuzzFeed internal creative team from pre-production through post production
- Manage the production and production staff during shooting
- Operate cameras, sound equipment, and direct talent
- 4+ years of production experience
- Self-identified all around production master
- Experience with Canon DSLRs, basic production sound equipment
- Extensive experience editing with Adobe Premiere - from assembly through final finishing and export for YouTube
- Extensive experience creating small scale, digital videos from ideation to delivery on short timelines
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules / plans
- Outstanding technical knowledge of video production
- This is a variable, freelance position
- Share 3-5 video examples of content you’ve created (produced, filmed, edited) that you think are a fit for BuzzFeed Video
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.