BuzzFeed’s Australia team is currently seeking Food Producers to join our talent network for potential future opportunities on BuzzFeed Oz projects. Ideal applicants have a background in independent video production, an obsession with creating shareable viral food content, and are capable of building delicious recipes from scratch.
As one of the leading independent digital media companies, BuzzFeed publishes a vast amount of new content daily, across various platforms and formats. Publishing at such scale, we are always interested in hearing from talented professionals who are able to assist on a per-project basis. Submitting your information here is the best way to ensure that as various projects occur, our team is able to find and engage qualified talent.
- Conceptualize and create recipe ideas for branded campaigns.
- Test, develop and write new recipes, keeping up with production schedules.
- Shoot, edit, and produce food/cooking videos for BuzzFeed Tasty's Facebook and YouTube pages within tight turnarounds and following BuzzFeed Tasty's style and tone of voice.
- Make creative, fun, and social-driven food videos to increase engagement and shares across our platforms.
- Keep track of viral food trends, create content around them, and analyze the results of your work.
- Operate the studio equipment: Canon DSLR, tripods, lighting, and monitors.
- Safely store and backup footage.
- Track costs and produce content within budget.
- Make adjustments to content according to client feedback.
- 2+ years of experience with video production and with DSLR cameras, lighting, and editing.
- 1+ years experience writing recipes, styling food, and creating compelling food content for the web.
- Passion for food/cooking.
- Competence using Adobe Creative Cloud (Premier pro and Photoshop).
- Attention to detail, technical, organizational, and creative skills.
Life at BuzzFeed
As one of the leading independent digital media companies, BuzzFeed publishes a vast amount of new content daily, across multiple platforms and formats. Publishing at such scale, we are always interested in hearing from experienced professionals who can assist on a per-project basis. Submitting your information here is the best way to ensure that as various projects occur, our team can find and engage qualified talent.
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.