Unity 3D Programmer (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for an Unity 3D Programmer to be the main programmer for a 2-D mobile game. You’ll work independently within a motivated team on the creation of engaging, innovative media. You will begin in early October and work through early-mid Dec, exact timing TBD. You will report to the Creative Manager.
- Create a working prototype of the mobile game concept
- Work with the Lead Game Designer and Unity TD to implement the GDD
- Work as the main programmer on the game
- Coordinate with different departments to make necessary changes to the project
- Perform quality assurance on created projects
- Work well in a small team environment
- Work with Lead Game Designer on the set-up and execution of Quality Assurance testing
- 2+ years experience C# programming for Unity 3D
- Portfolio with shipped games and explain what work you did on that game.
- Experience working with 2D assets
- Shipped at least one 2D mobile game
- Proficiency in iOS and Google Apps
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
The best bed for better sleep