BuzzFeed India Video Editor Talent Network (project-based)
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed’s India team is looking for project-based Video Editors to join our talent network for potential future opportunities on BuzzFeed India projects. As one of the leading independent digital media companies, BuzzFeed publishes a vast amount of new content daily, across different platforms and formats. Publishing at such scale, we are always interested in hearing from experienced professionals who can assist on a per-project basis. Submitting your information here is the best way to ensure that as various projects occur, our team can find and engage qualified talent.
How This Works:
- Submit your resume, reel (or 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited), and other application below
- You'll receive confirmation of your submission and your information will be kept on file
- As shoots and projects arise, our team will search through submissions to find great people. If your experience are a match for our project needs, you will be contacted to gauge interest and availability
- Partner with Producers editing a variety of BuzzFeed India video content
- End-to-end edit multiple unscripted and scripted videos and formats
- Assemble edits and implement notes from Producers and other team members
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Stay organized in and follow internal standard operating procedures for project naming conventions
- Work with Producers to flag and communicate any watch-outs for future shoots
- Create video thumbnails in Photoshop
- Create any low lift graphics needed for the video on Photoshop/Premiere and sometimes After Effects
- 3+ years experience editing digital content
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects and 3rd party software
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Flexibility and an ability to adapt with changing timelines
- Passion and knowledge for editing theory
- Experience designing and laying in GFX/VFX
- Experience with balance and grade colour, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process
- A working knowledge of social media and digital video platforms
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A proactive, positive, and collaborative approach, with the ability to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one