Product Marketing Manager (Media & Display)
BuzzFeed, New York or Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
Product Marketing Manager
The Product Marketing team creates and evangelizes industry-leading ad products, collateral and narratives, representative of the best of BuzzFeed’s client solutions. The Product Marketing team manages BuzzFeed’s ad product catalog, conveying BuzzFeed’s value to advertisers, increasing ad product adoption internally, and sustaining our growth.
As Product Marketing Manager, you will oversee the ad product roadmap and go-to-market approach for BuzzFeed’s media offerings. You’ll maintain the current product suite, roll out new ad products based on market demands and internal innovation, develop excellent narratives around BuzzFeed’s client solutions, and work with our Sales, Operations, Research, Tech, and Editorial teams to bring exciting opportunities to market.
While the preference is for this individual to be based in New York or LA, we are open to considering candidates who are located in other markets. You will report to the Director of Product Marketing.
What You’ll Do
- Ad Product Management: Improve current product offerings based on marketplace feedback, internal insights and performance. Ensure each product provides measurable value to advertisers and meet BuzzFeed’s internal margin goals. Create a repeatable framework for launching new ad products to create long-term revenue growth.
- Operations and Processes: Ensure all teams involved with selling and delivering our product suite have a clear understanding of each product’s value proposition and how they are implemented, and that the creative, distribution and pricing strategies are built to provide value to both advertisers and to BuzzFeed.
- Data and Insights: Translate findings into actionable consumer narratives, product features, and marketing collateral. Maintain platform and vendor relationships to identify marketable opportunities and develop BuzzFeed Ad Products to sell into them at scale.
- Communication: Create a centralized way of accessing resources (specs, GTM, process docs, examples) for each product that BuzzFeed sells. Keep the Revenue Team informed of new opportunities through different modes of communication including email, newsletters, and presentations to the wider organization.
- 5+ years of digital advertising industry experience in an ad product, product marketing, project management, distribution, or relevant field.
- Experience at a digital publisher, working with teams who may have different priorities - including sales, research, creative, operations, tech, and editorial teams.
- Experience distilling complex information and presenting to both customer-facing and internal audiences.
- Passionate about advertising, and creating solutions that provide value to both end-users and advertisers.
- Excellent slide-building skills using Google Slides, Keynote, or PowerPoint and experience with products like - Google Sheets, Slides, Documents
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience launching and improving digital media products
- Experience with social distribution platforms and custom content
FYI — just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one