BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is hiring an IT Specialist. We’re looking for a well-rounded support technician to setup and deploy hardware and software as well as provide stellar end-user support. The position will work together with the existing IT team. You will need to have strong computer (hardware, software, networking) and interpersonal skills. We’re looking for an upbeat and engaged person to join our current IT team. At its core, IT is a support department which exists to ensure employees can actually do their jobs--we like to think of ourselves as technology therapists. This position will assist the rest of the team in providing support to employees and work on projects to make employees' lives easier from a technology standpoint. You should have experience troubleshooting computer hardware, software, email and network issues. Being able to provide great customer service is equally as important--you’ve got to love the people you help and love what you do. Individual must be a go-getter.
This is a fixed term position. This will initially be a 6 month term with the possibility of extending.
- Provide internal helpdesk support for BuzzFeed employees
- Respond to, record, track, and close tickets through help desk/problem management software--detail is essential
- Assist with evolving internal IT wiki page--documentation is king!
- Provision computers (mainly Mac OS X machines) for employees
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues that end-users are having
- Troubleshoot and support current A/V setup for video conferencing (includes Cisco Codecs, and Google Meet)
- Partner with the other members of the IT team to provide support and enforce IT policies
- Must be customer-focused and personable
- Will be asked to tackle issues independently but also work with the rest of the IT team as a whole
- Proficient in both following and creating documentation for the rest of team
- Proven ability to use the tools at hand to research and resolve problems
- Previous experience assisting employees in a video production environment
- Able troubleshoot Mac OS X and software issues
- Able to troubleshoot Windows issues
- Able to troubleshoot Google Workspace issues
- Experienced in setting up video conferencing systems (Google Meet, Cisco, etc.)
- General knowledge of networking concepts is a must
- At least 2 years experience as an IT Specialist or related position in an office environment
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Help the world share their story