Junior Video Producer, Cocoa Butter
BuzzFeed, New York, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
- Produce and creative, low-cost videos that are in line with, and even potentially elevate the Cocoa Butter mission
- Ideate, pitch and execute viral formats, including assigned and original videos
- Keep up-to-date on conversations, talent and topics that are trending on the internet and create quick turnaround video ideas off of them
- Implement feedback from Supervising Producers and team members in a timely manner
- Deliver notes on videos via Frame.io in a timely manner
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Use viewer and platform data to continuously improve and refine video ideas and execution
- Work with the Publishing Team to grow the Cocoa Butter channel
- At least 2 years experience creating digital video content in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and the entire CC suite
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs and formats
- Ability to manage multiple projects throughout various stages of production
- Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat (preferably YouTube, but not required)
- Passionate about the internet and creating digital video content
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently and under close direction
- Must have experience behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound
- Experience in front of a camera appreciated, but not required
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on YouTube within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work you’ve produced.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price