BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
Are you a pattern seeker and a pivot table lover? Do you gobble up data like Pac-Man gobbles up those little white dots? Do you believe that data tells you what’s happening but half the fun is figuring out why? BuzzFeed has an opening for a People Operations Analyst. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Data & Analytics, you will help guide the people analytics function at BuzzFeed. You will be a consultative partner pulling data from disparate sources, completing analysis to provide insights to leaders, empowering HRBPs with analytical tools and training, and creating dashboards for people metrics across the business. BuzzFeed is working remotely through at least September 2021, but this role will be tied to our NYC HQ. Being based in the NYC area is ideal for time zone consistency and the eventual return to our office (which, we promise, is really awesome), but we will consider all candidates who are legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Gather and manipulate data from multiple sources to help tell the story about People at BuzzFeed.
- Train and empower HR Business Partners to use self-service tools to access, understand and take action on people data.
- Provide detailed reporting on all stages of the employee lifecycle (think evaluating our recruitment funnel, reporting on current employee trends, and analyzing attrition data)
- Apply your expertise in data analysis and visualization to see beyond the numbers and help BuzzFeed maximize the potential of our greatest asset - our employees.
- Work with experts across the People Team service areas (L&D, talent acquisition, payroll and mobility, DI&B, compensation and benefits) to improve overall strategic insights.
- Respond to frequent requests for just-in-time data (and can balance that with your core projects).
- At least two years of work experience focused on using data to uncover insights that guide decisions. Relevant experience includes (but isn’t limited to!) people analytics, FP&A, sales operations or management consulting.
- Strong proficiency using Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze data and to tell a story with data to non-technical audiences.
- Experience using HR systems such as Workday and Greenhouse and research insights tools like Qualtrics.
- The ability to discreetly work with extremely sensitive data.
- A keen eye for detail. So keen, in fact, that you’ve read all the way to the bottom of this posting and know that your (non-formal, please) cover letter should be addressed “Dear People Ops Team!”
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one