Gaming Preditor (project-based)
BuzzFeed, New York or Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is searching for an experienced project-based Producer to create unique and engaging social videos for the gaming channel, BuzzFeed Multiplayer. You will report to the Executive Producer for the channel and work with a team of other producers to brainstorm ideas, and work with the production team to take the idea from development to final cut. There are BuzzFeed studios in LA that may be utilized if the production size meets the COVID safety requirements. A successful candidate will have experience and a passion for narrative content, digital formats and loves thinking outside the box.
This will start as a project based role with the possibility of becoming a longer term engagement. We offer a $1500 flat rate per video, for roughly 40 hours of work. Ideally, you will be based in New York or LA; however, we are open to considering producers who are based in other locations.
About BuzzFeed Multiplayer
BuzzFeed Multiplayer is the gaming vertical that has over 10M subscribers across YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch. MP tackles video game content from an inclusive and authentic space, working to entice the endemic video game crowd while still being approachable to those new to the space.
- Ideate and pitch ideas to a group of peers and stakeholders
- Take a video through development / pre-production
- Work with various teams for booking casting / equipment / research / etc
- Direct talent and run point during production with lightweight crew or solo
- Ensure that video/image/sound quality meet requirements
- Responsible for organizing footage and other various tasks related to production
- Maintain several ongoing projects at once
- Maintain regular communication with producers and the team to coordinate timely delivery of videos, project files, etc
- Use various stock image and music databases to find additional assets
- Create simple GFX/Titles or work with internal art team to create assets
- Edit video using BuzzFeed Multiplayer’s style guide and take rounds of notes from peers and Executive Producer for final sign off
- Applicants should only apply if they have 2+ yrs. experience with editing web/digital content.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
- Looking for Producers with a thorough knowledge producing content end-to-end including:
- Familiarity with what goes viral on YouTube
- Pre-production / Development
- Vetting Cast and giving Direction
- Technical understanding of filmmaking mise en scène / lighting / focal lengths / exposure / shutter speed / setting audio levels / etc
- Technical understanding of editing techniques pacing / JL cuts / beats / etc
- Premiere Multicam workflows
- Organizing footage and Assembly
- Motion graphics
- Audio mixing
- Color correcting
- Making final HD deliverables
- Converting, transcoding and compressing files
- Knowledge of tapeless workflows
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Candidates must provide sample work via web viewing links
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Help the world share their story
Jobs You May Like
Group Nine Media
Temporary - Senior Podcast Producer
Group Nine Media, New York, NY