BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile partner manager to join a growing affiliate team. In this role, you will manage a diverse suite of ongoing projects, communicate fluidly with client partners, and have a keen attention to detail. As the Senior Affiliate Manager, you will oversee the full paid affiliate partnership pipeline, supporting sales leads in building our partner correspondence and strategies, ensuring all Affiliate Managers and supporting teams are operating fluidly and that all business touch-points are pacing towards team paid goals. While we are working remote until Summer 2021, you will be tied to our New York headquarters and be expected to work out of that office once we are back in the office.
- Be the primary contact for paid affiliate strategies and program management
- Work with sales leads to help build and maintain successful performance partnerships
- Partner with the BuzzFeed editorial team to identify areas for optimization, new paid placements opportunities, and partners of interest
- Manage an on-going editorial paid production schedule while also monitoring the success of paid partner programs once live
- Make use of historical program insights to identify new paid placement opportunities and areas of growth both within and outside of our affiliate program
- Assist sales team in external partner communications for campaigns including program strategy and pre-sale negotiations
- Work with internal editorial, tech, business and sales team members to brainstorm and implement multi-faceted partnerships for our affiliate brands
- Work with affiliate and sales team leads to maintain prospect lists for new partnerships, targets, and seasonal programs
- 5+ years of working experience within a management or client-facing role.
- Experience within a cross-functional role that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management, consumer acquisition, merchandising, PR or editorial strategy.
- Have a general knowledge of media, publishing or e-commerce industries with application to publisher e-commerce goals; an ability to layer that knowledge to produce meaningful insights, counsel and planning for our partners’ goals
- Experience with accomplishing successful collaborations across teams, with the purpose of achieving either client or internal goals
- Ongoing success in driving new client acquisition, retention and growth
- A history of unique programs with a positive and collaborative mindset
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.