BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
We're looking for a Benefits Coordinator. Reporting to the Global Benefits Manager, you will support the team by assisting employees with benefits enrollment and questions, handling all leaves, managing insurance billing, and the administration of various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision. This is a three month fixed term position with possibility of extension or conversion to full-time employment.
- In partnership with our benefits brokers, assist with the administration of various employee benefits programs such as group health, flexible spending and health saving accounts, dental, vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits
- Administer all Disability/Leaves of Absences, including meeting with employees, updating our HRIS and tracker, and be main point of contact for our administrator; with possibility of providing support globally
- Work with Finance to ensure leave payments are properly allocated
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve escalations for benefits inquiries
- Work effectively with our HRIS technology Workday to maintain employee benefits and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately
- Help conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits enrollment
- Support Open Enrollment including employee communications, information sessions, testing and ensuring data accuracy;
- Reconcile benefits billing statements and conduct monthly audits to identify and correct headcount discrepancies
- Work with payroll on tracking and reconcile benefit deductions
- Complete regulatory, compliance, and audit requirements
- Stay informed on industry developments and regulatory updates
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
- Develop an understanding of our competitive position on benefits offerings and make recommendations to strengthen those specific to our employee population
- Have a strong desire to learn international benefits
- Have both a strong curiosity to learn and a drive for continual improvement
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of work experience
- 1-2 years in HR or a similar role
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – specifically MS Excel
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborative team member with excellent attention to detail and strong sense of urgency and follow through
- Strong Workday experience preferred
- Working knowledge of current employment and benefits laws
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally and escalate issues when appropriate
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price