BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed Video is searching for a Branded Manager of Physical Production to bring organizational skills and inspiring leadership to our production team. We are looking for an experienced and passionate self-starter that can work with all departments within Branded Video. You will be based in our Los Angeles office, a super collaborative work environment.
- Oversee the production process across the various Branded video products and teams
- Oversee multiple, simultaneous productions and timelines
- Troubleshoot and collaborate on creative solutions to pre-production, shoot, and or internal cross-departmental issues as they arise
- Train and oversee freelance producers and production managers
- Track & vet all related budgets, production plans, and wrap books
- Support feedback and approvals on creative concept pitches, budgets, timelines, and treatments
- Interface between accounting, pricing, post production, studio operations, casting, legal, client services, and sales
- Effectively communicate policies and procedures to freelance crew and production staff
- Collaborate to improve upon production resources, process, and responsibilities
- Develop structured learning and growth plans for direct report(s).
- Ensure the sourcing and hiring of diverse and inclusive crew and staff positions
- Proactively communicate + collaborate with Operational and Creative leads on all production issues and processes
- 5+ years of producing and management experience
- Embody a philosophy of finding creative solutions and efficiencies regarding budget, scheduling, logistics, etc.
- Have knowledge of industry standards regarding average crew rates, rental rates etc..
- Experience with permitting, releases etc..
- Highly organized and a polished/timely written and verbal communicator
- Prioritization is essential, appropriately delegate and be a team player
- Willingness to learn
- Prior people management experience
- Prior branded content experience
- Must exhibit personal and professional high standards of integrity and ethics
- Experience with injury/safety protocol and prevention
- Proficient in Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling and Google Drive
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Birchbox is changing the way consumers discover and purchase beauty, and lifestyle products.